Sunday 1 July 2012

The Point of Wedding Favours..

What is the point of wedding favours?

I know in todays wedding's they're considered de rigeur, but I'm not sure I agree. It's nice for guests to have something to take away.. but I'm unsure if small bags of sugared almonds is the right way to go. So many of the ideas I've seen have been pointless or generic. I think if anything, it would have to be something that can be used..
To fit in with my preferred theme of 'Alice In Wonderland' I think it would be good to have teacups & saucers. Go around charity shops to find them, and maybe turn in to small candles with some wax & stuff.
Or some kind of jam-jar filled with Dolly Mixtures.. or teacups with sweets! Ooh.. I like that idea.. Bright colours, and sprinkles and glitter and flowers and balloons and.. sorry! I got carried away!

Just mentioned the 'wedding favour' thing to my Darling Fiancee.. and he said anyone using that phrase would be given wedgies.. Right then. If romance isn't dead, it may be in a coma somewhere!! Fortunately, the explanation of 'small gifts for the guests' does pass muster.

So.. I guess that means I do want wedding favours.. but if I had to cut something for budget reasons, that'd be one of the first things to go. Thank you for allowing my idle musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment